The most significant data collection method for this project is a state of the field survey, conducted with interpretation professionals in Canada and the United States.
- Understand the place in the organization of the interpretation professional;
- Understand the place in the exhibition team of the interpretation professional;
- Get a sense of the common practices, strategies, and tools used by interpretation professionals across four types of institutions;
- Recruit participants for case studies in the second phase of the project;
- Assess interest in the development of a shared repository of tools and guidelines.
The survey runs from January 2 to March 1, 2020. Survey results will be available in Summer 2020.